Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Chriatmas in Utah











We had a very memorable holiday in Utah with our families. I think this Christmas was very special and meaningful for many reasons. A few days before we arrived in Utah we learned that one of my cousins who had be struggling with drug addictions was in the hospital in critical condition. After 2 weeks of roller coaster as to whether or not he would survive, it has turned out to be a miracle not without much fasting and prayer. He is doing amazingly well considering his condition when he went the hospital and will most likely be able to walk, and think, and experience life again. We all feel very strongly that he has been given a second chance at life, and it just wasn't yet his time to go. There is still a long road for him, but he is well on his way. I was so glad to be close with family to be a part of this beautiful experence and thankful for my prayers being answered.

My relatives and I did a musical concert at my Grandma's nursing home for Christmas. There is nothing she enjoys more than music, she is forgetting much with the dementia taking over, but I am happy to say she still remembers me and Kyle even, but not our kids. I know the day will come when she will forget me too, with us being quite close over the years that will be hard.

My parents took Kyle and I and Wes to a Christmas symphony performance of the Utah Symphony. It was fun to have an excuse to dress up and Wes loved being among all the instruments. He still says he wants to be a conductor when he grows up.

Kyle and I went on a short trip to Denver to interview at two residency programs there. We both like Denver a lot and thought that might be the place until he interviewed in Utah and everything seemed to fall into place. He was especially impressed with the University of Utah's program which surprised us both since it was at the bottom of the list originally. I guess we should have know because that is how things tend to turn out, you go where you least expect. I guess we'll see on match day. Wherever we go it will be exciting, I am so looking forward to my dreams of a dishwasher, garage and a little more space.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All! Party like it's 2009!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Beautiful dress! You all look so nice. Wes likes music so much, I hope you blog your whole life so I can find out what he actually does when he grows up.

Pam Emmons said...

You dressed up so pretty! I think I recognize the Layton mall, right? Glad you had a good time!

Pam Emmons said...

By the way, I think your little brother is such a cutie! I wish I had someone to set him up with!