We all went together to pick apples yesterday at Barthel fruit farm the same place we picked strawberries back in June. It's amazing how fast the seasons change. There is something so healing and energizing about picking something straight from the earth, I love it. Can't wait to have a garden of my own. Elijah wanted to take a bite out of every fallen apple and seemed to always find the most rotten ones. Finally I picked one off the tree wiped it on my shirt and let him go for it. Wes wasn't feeling too great, we found out later that he has hand, foot, mouth virus, but he was having so much fun he wanted to climb up and down the ladders anyway. Later on that evening he couldn't even eat the apples he picked because his mouth was full of canker type sores. It was sad!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Apple of my eye
Posted by Becki at 5:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
These are great pictures that capture the moment. What a fun, delicious, wholesome family activity. :)
LOVE that place! Good memories. I have to agree, food straight from the earth is just a totally different experience. Hope Wes gets feeling better!
sad for Wes. I hope he feels better soon. I LOVE having fruit trees in our yard--one of my very favorite things about home ownership.
cute pictures!
Post a Comment