Friday, July 4, 2008

Miss American Pie













Happy 4th of July. God bless the USA! I love living in a small town when holidays come around. Our city of Glendale has a parade every year followed by a carnival complete with rides and all kinds of deep fried once a year type treats. Wes was very funny at the parade, he spent half the time covering his ears because everything is so loud with the sirens, bands and yes even bagpipes. I think he loved it though. Elijah seemed especially taken with the bands and also the horses. Afterwards we went to the little carnival and Wes and Kyle rode some rides. There was a cute ride where you get to fly on a bee and when he got off he said ,"I love riding bees." Kyle rode the zero gravity ride which as you can tell from the name was pretty intense. I told Wes that rides like that sometimes make people throw up. He said " I want to see Kyle throw up." Thankfully Kyle did not throw up, however he did have a slight headache afterwards. Sometimes we forget that we are nearing thirty. We all shared a funnel cake and got covered with powdered sugar, I think Elijah liked it the most. He smelled like fried grease when he woke up from his nap. (like I said, funnel cakes are a once a year food.)


1 comments:

Mandie said...

Oh, i miss this little carnival! Looks like you had lots of fun!