Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Under the Boardwalk

We hit the Klode park beach on lake Michigan today and enjoyed the beauty of the waves and an almost windless day. The boys loved it although Elijah kept getting frustrated when he would get sand in his snacks. Everything is gritty at the beach. He absolutely refuses to wear a hat, so I got an umbrella and he stayed under it pretty well.

I just love the water and I think my kids inherited the gene. Wes could hardly stay away. It was nice and cold to dip you feet in and Wes loved throwing rocks. He was a muddy mess by the time we came home, and loving every minute of it.



It's days like this that make me so grateful to be a stay at home mom and have the time and energy to do things like spend the morning at the beach and not feel the least bit guilty. I count my blessings which are many, and my boys (all 3) are at the top of the list.

0 comments: