Wes and friends taking a break from splashing in the left over puddles form the big storms.
Well .....what a day we have had! I went to a Zumba instructor workshop all day today and it was just awesome. I loved every minute of hipshaken', sweat dripping, latin rhythm, paradise. My life was so full of dance and music until I had the boys, and getting back into it feels like getting an amputated limb back. So as of this evening I am an official Zumba instructor and even though I am nervous about teaching my first class, I am very excited. I will be teaching at the YMCA this fall.
So about the tornado, I was actually at the gym finishing up Zumba class and suddenly the sirens started going off. They evacuated us to the basement, and my friend Pam, who was taking the class with me, and I were both feeling uneasy without our kids and husbands. We had to stay down there for about an hour until the tornado warning was lifted. Meanwhile Kyle and the boys were down in the storage area of our apt. building. Weston thought it was a party as he was able to run free with his friends in a novel setting. When I arrived home they were still down there. Since then we have been pelted with torrential rain. Our parking lot is a lake, and cars look like jetskies as they plow though the lake to get out. Kyle just got a call from a family in our ward that is having some flooding in their basement and so he and several of our neighbors just headed over to help out. It makes me sick to think about floods (been there, done that, lost quite a few t-shirts), I hope they are ok and nothing to priceless was ruined.
So now both kids are down for the night, Kyle is gone, and I am seriously considering going outside and dancing in lake Glenn Courts. (ha ha)
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Latin Dancing and Tornados
Posted by Becki at 6:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
holy cow Bec. where to begin? first, I'm so excited you're getting a limb back! I was just putting some old home videos on dvd for my dad for Father's day and found Me and My girl, the review and a bunch of our concerts. what a fun time eh?
and WHAT, may I ask, is Zumba? it sounds exciting!
And I'm so sorry to hear about the tornadoes/flooding. My sister is getting about the same in iowa. Not a good time to be living in the midwest.
If I was there, I would've danced in the lake with you, for sure!
oh, and ps. the flooding comment so brought back the fresh values card story--ha! good times. thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment