Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever






Today we went Strawberry Picking at a local farm called Barthel. The boys were funny to watch. Weston kept picking yellow strawberries despite my pleading to only pick red ones, yet he would only eat the red ones,....... interesting. I plopped Elijah down in the the strawberry patch and he ate the all the berries he could reach from where he was sitting and then he would cry until I moved him to a fresh patch. His shirt that was originally red, blue, and white striped came home red, blue, and pink striped but it was worth it. We came straight home and I made 2 batches strawberry jam which was a lot of fun. The strawberries were still warm from the sunshine as we cut and mashed them up. After that, I made bread for dinner tonight, yes we are going to have bread and jam and that's all. I just love summer days, I wish they would never end.

3 comments:

Raphelle said...

Mmmm, strawberries! Becki! What a cute blog and what adorable children you have!! I'm very envious of the medical school experience it looks like you guys are having. How fun to have a bunch of girlfriends to go out of town with! Lucky! Do you have one year left? Did Kyle fly through Minneapolis from SLC in April? I may or may not have been on the same flight as him, I wasn't sure. Anyway, I just saw your name on Summer's blog and was so excited to see your beautiful face! XOXO

Pam Emmons said...

Looks like fun! I wish we were there!

Orange said...

That looks like a fun thing to do with the boys! We can't wait to see you soon. Tell your mom to leave a few holes in your schedule for us. :)